Last Updated On: 2022-01-02
Conferre SA Organizing Administrative Bureau of Congresses ensures that the personal data processed is safe and used properly, and that the data practices are properly communicated to partners and participants.
Conferre SA collects, uses and protects your personal data with reasonable diligence according to the strict data protection provisions and in compliance with the provisions of the European General Data Protection Regulation (hereinafter “GDPR”).
Conferre will not, without your express consent, supply your Personal Data to any third party for marketing purposes, whether directly or indirectly.
(i) Participant data concerning our website visitors and/or event participants, attendees, lecturers and speakers, who register for events and/or webinars and/or online courses that we organize or take part in and who visit or engage with our websites (such as https://conferre.gr/, https://www.conferre.tv/ and their subdomains), our apps, newsletters, emails or other communications under our control;
The following Personal Data of the Data Subject will be collected, saved and processed by the Controller:
1. full name (first and last name)
2. e-mail address(es)
The following Personal Data of the Data Subject might be collected, saved and process by the Controller if necessary of relevant for specific activities:
3. title, salutation
5. range of age
6. date and place of birth
8. workplace, institution, organization
9. health care professional status (prescriber/non-prescriber)
10. credit card details
11. passport details for congress invitation letters
12. declaration of interests
13. affiliation information (to an organisation) is required for all persons wishing to submit an abstract.
(ii) Partner data concerning our partners and/or customers, sponsors, exhibitioners and association societies and their representatives who use Conferre.gr & Conferre.tv event management platform and services or who otherwise cooperate with Conferre in organizing, promoting and executing the Events.
You are not legally required to provide us with any personal data, and may do so (or avoid doing so) at your own free will. If you do not wish to provide us with your personal data, or to have it processed by us or any of our Partners, or Service Providers, please avoid any interaction with us or any use of our Services.
1. Data Collection
Conferre process data regarding our Participants and Partners. Such data is typically collected and generated through automatic means, directly from you, through your interaction with us or with our Services; through our Partners or through third-party services, social media,, analytics tools, events we organize or take part in, newsletters and other business initiatives.
(i) Participant’s data:
• Participant account information: registration number, e-mail address. Participants who attend as speakers may also provide their pictures.
• Participant contact information: full name, mobile phone number, address, company name, address and VAT number (if applicable), and additional information submitted by the Participant and/or their organization, or by our Partners;
• Other information: If you are a speaker or a lecturer then please note that additional information may be processed such as the content of your lecture. You may also be recorded during the event in which you participate. You will be always requested to to give your approval for live transmission of your lecture and recording of your lecture.
(ii) Partner’s Data:
• Partner contact information: name, title, company, e-mail address, phone number and additional information submitted by the Partner and/or or their organization.
• Partner organization information: company name and affiliation, physical address and payment method.
• Direct interactions and communications with us: this information usually include, surveys, feedbacks, recordings and other information you provide to us, including correspondence with us (e.g., for user experience, support and training purposes and any other data you upload);
• Payment information: this information is relevant for the payment we collect in the provision of our Services. It may consist of credit card or bank account number, IBAN, SWIFT code and payment preferences.
2. Data Uses
Conferre SA processes the personal data as necessary for the performance of our Services.
Specifically, we use your data for the following purposes:
• to facilitate, operate and provide our Services, including determining your initial and continued eligibility to use our Services;
• to authenticate your identity and allow you to access and use our Services;
• to process your activities such as event registration, abstract submission, attendance and accreditations;
• to provide you with customer care, assistance and technical support services;
• to facilitate and optimize our marketing and advertising campaigns and deliver advertisements for our products and Services more effectively;
• to contact you with general or personalized service-related messages, or with promotional messages;
• to comply with our legal, regulatory, compliance and contractual obligations; and
• as otherwise described to you at the point of collection.
3. Data Retention
We retain your personal data for as long as it is reasonably necessary to provide our Services; to maintain and expand our relationship and provide you with our Services and offerings; to comply with our legal and contractual obligations; or to protect ourselves from any potential disputes (e.g., as required by laws applicable to log-keeping, records and bookkeeping, and in order to have proof and evidence concerning our relationship, should any legal issues arise following your discontinuance of use), all in accordance with applicable laws and regulations.
Please note that except as required by applicable law or our specific agreements with you, we will not be obligated to retain your personal data for any particular period, and we are free to securely delete it or restrict access to it for any reason and at any time, with or without notice to you. If you have any questions about our data retention policy, please contact us by e-mail at email@example.com
4. Cookies and Tracking Technologies
• To remember that you are logged in and that your session is secure.
• To remember your progress in services we provide (e.g. online course, online applications).
• To track the pages you visit via Google Analytics.
We engage in service and promotional communications, through e-mail, phone, SMS and notifications.
Service Communications: we may contact you with important information regarding our Services. For example, we may send you notifications (through any of the means available to us) of changes or updates to our Services, billing issues, payment issues. Our Partners may also use our Services to send the relevant Participants, messages and other updates regarding your use of the Services.
Notifications and Promotional Communications: we may also notify you about new congresses, events, webinars or any other information we think you will find valuable. We may provide such notices through any of the contact means available to us (e.g., SMS, phone, mobile or e-mail), through the Services, or through our marketing campaigns on any other sites or platforms.
If you do not wish to receive promotional communications, you may notify Conferre SA by sending an e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
6. Data Security
We and our hosting services implement systems, applications and procedures to secure your personal data, to minimize the risks of theft, damage, loss of information, or unauthorized access or use of information. Although we make efforts to protect your privacy and data, we cannot and do not guarantee the absolute protection and security of any personal data stored with us or with any third-parties.